The World Cycling Centre (WCC), based in Aigle in Switzerland, is an extraordinary multi-purpose sports infrastructure. The WCC is the official training centre of the International Cycling Union (UCI).
The WCC is currently offering
Track Coaching Internships
The World Cycling Centre (WCC) is inviting applications for the second and third Track Coaching Internship program, which will provide those with ambitions to work in elite track cycling (Continental Championship, World Cup & World Championship) with a unique opportunity to enhance their existing knowledge and skills.
There are 2 remaining internship places for the 2013-2014 season, which will allow the selected candidates the opportunity to work alongside the WCC track coach Tim Carswell and the WCCâ€™s other specialist coaches to develop some of the most exciting young talent in World track cycling.
The internships will include practical experience in track and road training, strength and conditioning and international racing in a high performance environment.
A return flight to Switzerland, accommodation, meals, and health insurance will be provided to the successful applicant.
Applications are encouraged from all nations, although a working knowledge of English will be essential as training sessions will be conducted in this language. The ideal applicant will be someone who aims to work at the elite level in Track cycling, who has a background in coaching, physiology or strength and conditioning.
The closing date for applications for the two internships is highlighted for below.
2nd Internship - Sprint and Endurance Coachingâ€“ 13th August â€“ 15th November 2013: Application closing date 1st June 2013
Will assist in the coaching of the World Cycling Centre menâ€™s and womenâ€™s senior sprint and endurance squads in preparation for the 2013-2014 World Cup season and at Grand Prix track races in Europe.
There will also be the opportunity to participate in selected segments of the World Cycling Centre Coaching Diploma course (September/October)
3rd Internship - Sprint Coachingâ€“ 15th November 2013â€“ 15th February 2014: Application closing date 1st September 2013
To apply, please provide a current Curriculum Vitae together with a short introduction letter (no more than one side of A4) indicating which internship you are apply for. Your application should be sent to email@example.com
WCC Education and Training Coordinator
The objective of the Education & Training Coordinator is to continue the development and delivery of the World Cycling Centreâ€™s (WCC) education strategy. Alongside the athlete development programs, this strategy aims to position the WCC as a leading provider of training to the cycling industry that will enhance the knowledge and skills of those who work with riders to aid their sporting performance.
As Education & Training Coordinator, you will have to focus on the identification, development and delivery of education courses for coaches, mechanics, sporting directors and soigneurs, both at the WCC and throughout the world via our continental centres and National Federations.
In this role, among others your tasks will be to:
- Manage and co-ordinate the production of all teaching materials required for the WCC education courses
- Manage the internal and external delivery of WCC education courses
- Develop and maintain innovative and high quality qualifications, ensuring all courses are in line with current knowledge and practices
- Identify, select and train external â€˜expertsâ€™ to deliver WCC courses as part of the international course program
- Manage the promotion of the WCC education training programs to National Federations, Confederations and all other stakeholders
- Manage the selection and recruitment of future course trainees
- Relevant qualifications and experience in sport, coaching and/or education
- Experience of qualification design, construction of learner centred courses and production of supporting course material
- Knowledge, understanding and application of different teaching methodologies
- Experience of the construction and completion of assessment strategies
- Excellent project planning and organisational skills
- Strong presentation skills and interpersonal communication
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Willingness to travel internationally and undertake work outside of standard hours of work
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- High level of IT competence
- Good command of the French language
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in relevant work area
- Knowledge and experience in cycling is strongly preferred
Start date: 1st August 2013
By joining us, you will have the opportunity to make the most of your qualities and enrich your skills in a modern and pleasant working environment, in a dynamic and motivating atmosphere.
If you are interested in this post and your profile matches the description, please send your application (supporting letter, CV, employment certificates and qualifications) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Mrs Maud Paggy
Chemin de la MÃªlÃ©e 12
Coordinateur/trice Espaces Sportifs
pour coordonner et gÃ©rer les rÃ©servations des infrastructures sportives du Centre Mondial du Cyclisme.
Vous serez notamment chargÃ©/e de :
la gestion et suivi des rÃ©servations des infrastructures et activitÃ©s sportives du CMC :
ï€ Gestion des plannings dâ€™occupation des diffÃ©rentes infrastructures sportives
ï€ Organisation des stages sportifs en coordination avec les prestataires (hÃ©bergement, restaurant,â€¦)
ï€ Gestion des abonnements pour lâ€™utilisation hivernale du VÃ©lodrome
ï€ Coordination des initiations de cyclisme sur piste et BMX
ï€ Coordination avec les locataires permanents
ï€ Facturation des activitÃ©s sportives
la coordination des manifestations sportives ayant lieu au CMC
la gestion de la boutique du CMC
Votre profil :
CFC dâ€™employÃ©(e) de commerce ou Ã©quivalent
2-3 ans dâ€™expÃ©rience dans un poste similaire
Excellente maÃ®trise du franÃ§ais, de lâ€™allemand et de lâ€™anglais Ã©crit et parlÃ©
Connaissance du monde sportif rÃ©gional, national et international
A lâ€™aise avec MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Sens aigu de lâ€™organisation et esprit dâ€™Ã©quipe dÃ©veloppÃ©
Grand sens relationnel et intÃ¨gre
Capable de travailler de maniÃ¨re autonome
Disponible pour travailler occasionnellement le week-end
EntrÃ©e en fonction : 1er juillet 2013
Nous rejoindre, câ€™est avoir lâ€™opportunitÃ© dâ€™exploiter vos compÃ©tences, de participer Ã lâ€™actualitÃ© sportive et de contribuer au succÃ¨s de notre Centre Mondial du Cyclisme.
Si ce poste vous intÃ©resse et que vous correspondez au profil, merci de faire parvenir votre dossier par e-mail Ã email@example.com ou par courrier Ã :
Mme Maud Paggy
Manager des Ressources Humaines
Centre Mondial du Cyclisme
Chemin de la MÃªlÃ©e 12
Il ne sera rÃ©pondu quâ€™aux candidatures correspondant au profil susmentionnÃ©.