UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships at a glance
The 2013 UCI Para-cycling Road World Champions were crowned in Baie-Comeau, Canada from August 28th to September 1st. A few facts and figures:
• 264 athletes from 38 countries took part
• They were accompanied by a total of 164 accredited staff
• The USA won 19 medals, Germany 14 and Italy 13
• 22 countries won at least one medal
• 13 athletes won both the time trial and the road race
• 6 athletes successfully defended their world titles
• 20 Paralympic Champions were competing
• C2, C4, C5 and H2 were the largest sport classes with 28 men and women athletes each
• It was the second time the Worlds were held in Baie-Comeau after 2010
• The last five editions were held in Aigle (Switzerland), Bordeaux (France), Bogogno (Italy), Baie-Comeau (Canada) and Roskilde (Denmark)
• Next year they will be held in Greenville, United States, followed by Notwil, Switzerland, in 2015.
• The date of next year’s event in Greenville: August 28th – September 1st.
Don't miss it!
Photo: Handcyclists are encouraged by the crowds of Baie-Comeau as they prepare for the start of their road race.